Friday, August 7, 2009

weightwatchabella----


Hello! I thought I would post this card today from Stamping Bella's sketch challenge that was due yesterday. I got it done right under the wire and am really pleased with the way it turned out. My friend Kim made an awesome card with this sketch. She scaled the card size down and it is just perfect! (http://www.sewstampscrapbook.blogspot.com/).
This week has been a busy one. I have been going to the gym in the evenings and then been bursting with energy till midnight so I haven't gotten too much sleep. This weekend...I will have to catch up! Yesterday I participated in the mayor's back to school volunteer event! The event was to provide school supplies, hair cuts, vision check ups, dental exams, and bookbags for the families and children who were in dire need of these things. I got to hand out the school supplies to the families. There is nothing better than the bright and shining smile of people when they get some much needed help! I am glad I got a chance to get involved in this and can't wait to do more volunteer work. It feels great to give back to the community and help others.


By the way...did you see the new MFT, Hanna Stamps, and Taylored releases? I am so excited! I really love the new halloween one from MFT...might have to get it sooner rather than later!


Don't forget to check out Taylored Expressions today for the new card sketch for Friday. I will post the one I did for last weeks soon....
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

kjlowrey said...

great card - will use this as my motivation in a few months : ) Love your ribbon "tags" too! and congrats on getting out an alphabet...we need to do that more often!

J•me said...

Such a pretty card!