Sunday, January 20, 2008

More cool things to play with




Well this weekend has been very eventful! Yesterday I went to the Mesquite Scrap and Stamp show. Paula Bloom and I went with our husbands. I think we had a pretty good time. Our husbands ate nachos and let us shop. Thats the way it should be. We ran into Jen Del Muro (http://www.iheart2stamp.com/) and Susan (www.susiestampalot.blogspot.com). It was really neat to meet these ladies as I read their blogs all the time! They are so creative. While we were there we hung out at the Inky Antics stand and bought a few things. I bought a cute cowgirl stamp and a "howdy" stamp. I thought it would be cute for a set of notecards. Wish I had some of the western style paper from Stampin up... I also bought the gamasol liquid and pencils that you use to color in your inked images. See Inky Antics for more on this. I will tell you how I like it. I am about to try it out. The images looked fantastic when there rep colored them in so we will see if I can do it half as good. Oh yeah and I bought the dewdrops that you may have seen on kitchensinkstamps.com. I am really looking forward to trying these out. After the stamp show yesterday, I went to Michaels to look for the heart scalloped punch by Martha Stewart. I have pretty much gone to every Michael's in the local vicinity looking for it. I finally found it~! However once I tried it out, I found it is very difficult to get your image to punch all the way through. I will have to try and get it to work better. Maybe with cutting some tin foil it will sharpen.




Today, I went to recollections! They are down to their last 13 days and they have officially shut down the crop room. It is just so depressing to go into one after another scrap book store and see them shut down. I really wish I had the funds to open a replica. It would be so busy. I think all the scrapbookers in the local area are in full fledged depression. I did buy a few things while I was at Recollections but mostly everything was picked through. I got some fantastic ribbon at .30-.50 cents a yard. (see picture). I also went to Target and got their valentine paper pack and matching envelopes. I am going to make something very cute with it. Tune in to see.....




Well I am off to play....




I'll try and post some cards tonight!




Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: