Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fresh and Funky for Valentines day!

It has been a long week and it is only Tuesday (go figure). I did have a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home today...my Stampin up order had arrived. I had forgotten some of the cool things I bought to try out so I can't wait to play. I bought the Happy Heart bundle, the Berry Bliss paper (2 packs) brown and pink is one of my favorite color combos, the 6X6 pad from the hostess sets, the neutral markers (which I have really been needing), the boho blossoms punch, a roll of the new striped ribbon, and the Lovely Labels which I have had my eye on since the new catalog came out.


I wish I could play today but I am exhausted. I am back on the workout plan and did the advanced Tae bo workout. I couldn't do everything in the hour long workout but did the majority. It is a start. Hopefully I am not in too much pain tomorrow. Tomorrow night I am going to my friend Kim's house so we can make some sample cards. I can't wait to get some creative time in!


I made these cards on Sunday night but was pretty impressed with the way they turned out! I have been trying to find an excuse to use these paper flowers and thought this was the perfect way. I spent quite a bit of time trying to create a good layout without having to copy and idea. Sometimes that is just easier but I think I made it work. Let me know what you think! For the second card I used a heart doily a cut out some of the designs and then placed a jewel sticker in the center. I used the baroque motif background stamp. This stamp is awesome and can be used to add something to your card when you don't know what else to do. The ribbon I bought this past weekend when shopping at my LSS. I really like the color and the print on the ribbon. I should have bought more. Oh well!


Well hope everyone is having a great week so far! Let me know what you have planned for your next creative project. I love to hear peoples ideas...it always gets me inspired!

1 comment:

Lastel said...

Very pretty valentines !