Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ribbons and Bows and Clipboards what fun!



Today I got to hang out with my friend Kim. We had talked about making a "countdown to christmas" clipboard we saw by a very talented splitcoaster... We put these clipboards together and had a lot of fun doing them! I have to say, she was quite the trooper she inked and placed and stamped every countdown day. Thanks Kim! I cut the squares to assist. At the end the clipboard turned out fantastic and it is so fun. One thing I learned today is that you have to use a sander to smooth the edges of the papers you adhere to give the clipboard a cleaner look. I would have never though of that. We also used the spica glitter pens to color in the words. Most of the supplies are stampin up! I also got the chance to try the bow tutorial while I was at her house. So easy and so fun! She had already made a few on her own. I don't know if I will ever buy a store bought bow again! You really should try them. Anyway, next time we are going to tackle the advent calendar with the small round tins that was on todays tutorial on splitcoast. Does anyone know where to find those tins cheap?




Today will be my last day of stamping for a week or so. I am headed off to the Caribbean with my husband and some friends. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving on the open waters. Hope you all have a great TURKEY DAY and that you get to spend time with your loved ones!




Come back and visit. I plan to be very busy creating in December....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Kim did a great job on the clipboards! Looks like a great gift for the holidays! Have a wonderful time on your trip!