Monday, June 9, 2008

Whirlwind of a weekend

Hello! I am back and running on about 6 hours of sleep. My weekend started with the Scrapbooking convention on Friday. I met my friend Paula Bloom there and we had a fantastic time. The highlight of the convention were the spellbinders nestabilities. I picked up two sets for myself (the rectangles and the ovals) and two sets for my friend. The lady asked me if I had a spellbinders machine. I said no....and she said "guess what? Now you do". How awesome! I was just excited about seeing all the nestabilities before my very eyes without a back order wait from buying online. My friend told me that you can get them on Overstock.com. I should have gotten them there b/c they are $19.99 per set. Anyway, I am sure I will get some more in the near future. I will first have to go on a spending diet b/c I was a bit out of control this weekend. Other things I got at the scrapbooking convention, board books, brads, paper, embellishments, and more. I am so excited to play with my new stuff. After the scrapbooking convention I got on a plane to fly to home to see my family on the east coast. I got in around 11pm and then got up the next morning to go to the annual quilt convention where I "collected" some more things for my quilting hobby. There was so much stuff to buy at both conventions I could barely contain myself. Anyway, I got home last night around 1pm and am running on very little sleep.


I am heading over to my friend Kim's to make Fathers day cards. She doesn't know it yet but our new MFT stamps arrived today!


Here is my card for the day...


I made this for a friend that is expecting. I really love the paper but am not sure where it came from. These stamps are from the stampin up mini "She's all that". They work best if you color them in with a matching marker once you have stamped them (thanks Kim).


How was your weekend? What new scrapbooking supply are you most excited to rip open?


No comments: