Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thought it was going to be another ordinary day!




Today is mine and my husband's second wedding anniversary. I didn't have much planned after work other than going to the gym and starting a quilting project. Much too my suprise, he showed up at my work in the late afternoon with two dozen red roses. What a suprise. He had caught a flight a day early to be here. He offered to take me to dinner and to see Sex in the City at the movies. I opted for dinner and a raincheck on the movie. I heard it is 2 hours and 45 minutes long. It would have made for a late night. We did end up going to this great gourmet pizza restaurant that we had only been too once before. It was fabulous. After that we went to Half Price Books. I wanted to look for the Amy Butler book but I didn't see a copy. I guess people probably don't part with her stuff. I am getting ready to make a bag with one of her patterns. Hopefully I will post it in the next week or so.
Tonight I made a fathers day card. I needed to get one done so I can get it in the mail tomorrow. I was pleased with how it turned out. I will post it tomorrow night.

The card I am posting for today is using a new set from My Favorite Things. This set is so darn cute. I made one card using my rectangle nestabilities. Love em! If you don't have them already you will want to buy them or maybe borrow them from a friend and make lots of rectangles to have on hand. They make card making so quick , easy, and fun!


My friend Paula Bloom (prbloom.typepad.com) updated her blog with tons of cute cards and Jen Del Muro(www.iheart2stamp.com) has a great card today using the cat's pajamas stamp set called Hey Buckaroo. Don't forget to check them out.

Have a great week!

No comments: