Thursday, June 12, 2008

For my Dad...........


Two nights ago I came home on my wedding anniversary evening and made my Dad a card. Most people would ask why would you make cards on your anniversary but I couldn't bear the thought of mailing my dad a store purchased card when he knows I can make them handmade. I really like the way this card turned out. It isn't too flashy but is nice. I used the basic grey collection "archaic". I love this collection so much that I bought another 6X6 at the Great American Scrapbook convention. I used the Verve Visual stars which are perfect for so many occasions.
On another note, I am feeling a little under the weather today. Last night I went to my friend Kim's house after going to the gym and a 9 hour work day. I didn't get home till 11:30 and I think it was a little much for me after the week I have had. We did get some quality quilting in and began an awesome flower quilt that I can't wait to get back to working on.
Tonight I am just staying home and watching tv and relaxing. I just watched the season premier of Army Wives (lifetime). I bawled my eyes out. If you haven't seen this show they are playing it multiple times during the week and will probably replay it next Sunday right before the new episode at 8pm. The writers for this show are amazing. I haven't seen a show that has pulled at my heartstrings like this every episode for awhile. I hate to say this but I like it more than Grey's Anatomy now.


By the way...if you haven't seen the new Chichiboulies at www.stampingbella.com you should run not walk your way over to their site.
You can see one of their new stamps on an awesome card made by Jen Del Muro www.iheart2stamp.com. IT IS AWESOME!
Also if you want to see the new long rectangle nestabilities in a card you should check out www.motherslittlehelper.typepad.com. She showcases two cute cards using these. I really want them now. (you will have to roll down a little to see it)



Well...I am off to rest now. I will be back at you with some more creations soon!

No comments: