Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting in the spirit....Fa La La La La.......La La La La

Today at work I had lunch with a friend and she said that she wished she had time to enjoy the season. It got me to thinking...even though we only have three or so weeks left till the time is here (for some next week) why can't we enjoy the beauty of this time. It is just too depressing to think about spending this month worrying about everything that has to get done and leaving little time to enjoy it. So tonight I decided to sit down and play around with my winter/Christmas stamps. I must say, I have made quite a mess (I will clean that up later). Of the mess came two cards that I think are cute but could probably use another layer or embellishment. I didn't scraplift anything but the cards are a little plain. They still make me smile though!





The first card I made using the holiday paper slab from Michaels and a card pattern a friend gave me. I used my gel pen to add some stitching and my Elzybells penguin. I added some winter snowflake brads and a little saying I got from a muse "happy winter".





The second card I used my 6X6 Figgy Pudding paper. I thought it was time to break into the pack I have been staring at the paper for weeks. I used another Elzybells stamp I got and my square scallop punches. The ribbon was a donation from a friend (thanks!). I used the deck the halls from the Season of Joy block stamp (I colored it in with my real red marker to get it off the block). I backed the circle with the mini scallop punch from Martha Stewart.





If you have any suggestions to add a little something to the card please share them with me by adding a comment. I could always use a new idea.





Well I hope you all take a little time this week to do something that reminds you why you love this time of year. Another thing I like to do is read a Christmas story. I have a few books of holiday stories I have collected over the years so I will probably break one of those out this weekend.

No comments: