Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My thumbs are numb today....

I went over to my friend Kim's house and attempted to complete the 48 Halloween treat boxes. Those things are a lot more work than I anticipated. Kim got all of hers done this evening. I spent half the night cutting the template. I had the paper folder over four times and was trying to cut through all four layers with the scissors. That is why my thumbs are numb. It is just another scrapbooking injury to add to the list. Anyway, I feel somewhat accomplished we are a little over two weeks out from Halloween and I may finish my Halloween projects this weekend. While we worked tonight Kim's daughter Hannah made her own version of candy boxes. She waited patiently till her mom filled all the treat boxes to see if there was any candy left for hers. Between eating candy and creating, we had a great time.

I have some bad news...I heard that Recollections is closing all of its locations at the end of the year. Where will I go to buy paper? I don't necessarily like to buy everything online and there are limited individually owned scrapbook stores remaining. The recollections website said the following on


http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=781641

the Company announced plans to align its resources around its core retail chains, Michaels and Aaron Brothers. As a result, it will be discontinuing its concept businesses, Recollections and Star Decorators' Wholesale. The Company anticipates closing 11 Recollections and three of its four Star locations by the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2008 (One Star location will continue operations under the Moskatel's banner). In connection with this decision, the Company expects to incur approximately $11 million to $14 million in incremental charges as a result of lease obligations, inventory liquidation, asset-related write-downs and severance benefits, with a majority of the charges being incurred in the third quarter of fiscal 2007.

Well....that is very bad news. I am still in a little bit of shock. I am heading off to bed. I hope to finish up my Halloween stuff this weekend and start making some Christmas cards and Thanksgiving recipe holders. I also have to make my flyer for my open house.

Good night!

No comments: